High Voltage (1kV) Capacitor Charger for Laser Applications
- It can charge any Capacitor, at a maximum voltage of 1 kV. For example, 80 uF load at 1 kV in 1 s (40 J/s).
- Stable operation in No Load condition.
- CHARGE" signal to activate or deactivate the module at any time.
- "Done" signal to indicate end of charge (Active only for Chargers configured for a maximum voltage of 350V)
- Power range from 12VDC to 24VDC
- Peak current during charging, 21.2 A
- High Voltage Capacitor Charger
- Flash pumping in solid-state lasers
- Professional flash lighting systems for photography
- Emergency strobe lighting systems
- Pulsed auxiliary source to break the mechanical inertia in high power solenoids
- Explosive detonators
The CCPS-2018-01 module is based on the Fly-Back electronic topology and is designed to quickly charge a capacitor or bank of these at a maximum voltage of 1kV. The "CHARGE" signal is used to initiate a new charge cycle and can be kept active for as long as necessary until the desired voltage or maximum module voltage is reached. The CCPS-2018-01 modules ordered with a maximum load voltage of 350 V have an end-of-charge indication on the "DONE" signal. On CCPS-2018-01 modules with no voltage limitation at 350 V, the user must monitor the load voltage in the capacitor bank to stop the load at the potential required by the application and without exceeding 1 kV.
Download Brochure Here
Charging at 1016V 80uF in 1s. The reading was made using a x4 voltage divider. The module was powered from a sealed 12VDC and 12Ah Pb-Acid battery.